Sunday, August 26, 2007

Meaning of Life

Meaning of life, this is huge. To tell the truth, I have seldom considered about this kind of question in all my life. However, as a matter of fact, I have read a lot of articles about the meaning of life. For example, some people say that the meaning of life is to push yourself to the limit and achieve the greatest goal; that to devote all your life and contribute all you have to make society and the world more harmonic and peaceful; that to come up with the most sophisticated idea or theory to explain all the mysteries around the universe; and that just simply to serve your family, being a respectful wife or husband. Nevertheless, none of these is the one that I am thinking of; they are not yet. I am still young; my perspective will change as my experience grows. Right now, the meaning of my life is to live it alive. Life never tells about tomorrow, we all know that. We can’t see or predict what will happen next. There is too much we don’t know or know about. Uncertainty is alike the shadow, following us all along. Since we are totally blind about the future, why don’t we appreciate what we have right now? If the destiny about people’s life is true, then there is far less what we can do about it, for our fates are already fixed. So don’t look far away into the future, take a look around you. So many things we can do now to make our life colorful. Do whatever we enjoy or entertain us, and do to make full of ourselves. Perhaps there might be a small voice coming from somewhere, saying that this is not responsible for our future; we are too addicted to the current situation. Ignore this; we don’t have to care about it. I am not doing any free-will thing; I just seize every opportunity to live my life alive. Besides, future is the foregoing way of where I am standing now. I am not stepping still; I am stepping forward. Living my life alive, I am making my steps light and joyful.


7 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 at 1:01 AM , Blogger vincent said...

I enjoy your article and agree with your idea to a certain extent.Life is a very complex process. Nobody is able to predict his or her life. Moreover, it makes you exhausted to keep worrying about your future. Process is far more beautiful than consequence! Therefore, why not embrace and enjoy present blissfully.

 
At August 28, 2007 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

This is an interesting initial statement, Austin.I especially appreciate some of your imagery, such as the phrase: " Uncertainty is (a)like the shadow, following us all along."

Thanks for this heart-warming post!

 
At August 28, 2007 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Monboy2006aiu said...

Yes,why don't appreciate what we have right now. As you expressed that we can't live in the future. Just, we can imagine future. Imagination about future is sometimes very helpful. If people too much imagine their future, it is meaningless because we can't live at that time as they imagine and plan.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Uncertainty is alike the shadow, following us all along.
However, faith is alike the sunshine,
enlighting the shadow following us all along.

 
At August 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Zhu Yu Jenny said...

It sounds you are a bit Taolist. Do whatever makes you happy( 行乐须即春)I have found you are a powerful dancer long time ago. However, in your post I find you also store potential characters to become a great poet like our LiBai. shadow and light--letdown and courage.A suggestion- you can compose a poem like that

 
At August 31, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

the meaning of my life is to live it alive,hehe, yeah, enjoy your life, have a great weekend!

 
At August 31, 2007 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Vicky Huang said...

Excellent! Your passage presents quite wonderful images to us!
I find that, to some extent, we both share some similar ideas. We are both not sure about the future, so just enjoy every moment now. Density is what we make. Work hard and we will be paid off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home